cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei CPE 5G home broadband fails or very slow - ping times 1500ms++

jtc3po
Fledgling

Hi all,

I have 5G Three home broadband with the Huawei CPE modem/router. Generally, the service has been good with ping times 20-50ms with downloads measured on fast.com of 200-450mbs downstream. Lately, the connection has been quite flaky.  I am getting some service with ping times between 1100 - 3500ms which doesn't work so well, obviously. Other times, the Internet connection fails completely (sometimes the fail seems to be caused by rebooting the CPE). Unplugging and waiting a couple of minutes eventually restores the connection but I often have to do it multiple times. 

When I go to the network checker web page, it does say there are some works in our area SE17, but it seems to be works throughout Southwark for the past few weeks at least. Also, at the same time, I get excellent 5G service on my iPhone 13 Pro when it is next to the Huawei. It doesn't seem to be a service issue as the phone always maintains a good connection in the house and the neighbourhood. Can anyone help? I really don't want to revert to a wired connection but I might have to.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jtc3po,

I'm sorry to hear you've been getting this inconsistent service lately. I'm wondering if the router has developed some sort of hardware fault. Have you had the Huawei for quite a long time now?

With there being information to suggest that it could be the network, but could also be the hardware causing this, I'm not sure we can be 100% certain without us taking a closer look. I'll send you a private message to direct you to some colleagues that can look into this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

AX
Active

Same problem for me. Joined Three home broadband in February 2022 and it was consistently getting 300Mbps down and 30+Mbps Up. That was until early May 2023, since then its been abysmal. especially the download speeds (currently showing 0.08Mbps). Multiple calls to Three support have gone nowhere and now I'm just waiting for the contract to expire so I can leave for a hopefully better provider.