cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't return my 5G Broadband

bnn99
Fledgling

I have reached out to Three multiple times, both in person at a branch and through live chat. At the branch, I was informed that they couldn't cancel the contract and directed me to handle the cancellation via live chat. Upon contacting them through live chat, they assured me that the cancellation would be free once they received the broadband router back. I have been assured that the cancellation of my broadband will be processed at no cost once the device is returned. However, despite promises of a return label being sent within 24 hours, it has now been nearly a week, and I have yet to receive this label. As a result, I am worried that I may face charges due to the delay in returning the equipment within the cooling-off period.

Today, when I contacted them once more in live chat, the representative informed me that since the broadband was purchased in-store, I should cancel it directly at the store. They advised that if the cancellation occurs via live chat, there might be a potential charge. Therefore, I went to the store and explained the situation, presenting the broadband and requesting cancellation. However, they declined to accept the device, stating that I must wait for the label to arrive. I am in need of assistance from Three to resolve this issue. Could someone from Three please get in touch with me to help sort this out?

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

This is one for a moderator. Send a pm to JonathanB 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bnn99,

I'm really sorry to hear that there's been issues with arranging a return both in our store and with the over the phone teams. I've sent you a reply to your PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that will help.

All our Broadband deals have 30 days to be returned, for in store purchases this should be done in store, and for distance sales whether over the phone or online customer services should help with this.

I've referred you to some colleagues that should be able to help with either type of return though. To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Nishantrpi79
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

Hope you are well!

I had cancelled my home broadband within the 30 days return period and had asked for a return label to return the home broadband device countless times over calls & chats. The complaints were registered and I was assured that I will receive a dpd return label over the email multiple times which I never did. I had also visited three store to return the device but they wouldn't accept it as the cancellation was online and had to be returned by post using the return label that was never provided. Now I have received an email from three saying that the cancellation has been revoked and the plan will continue as it has been 30 days since cancellation and the device is still with me. Please resolve this matter in the next 7 working days with a written communication saying that the return has not been cancelled as none of this is my fault.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Nishantrpi79,

I'd just like to preface that I'm really sorry to hear of your experience, and I will get you in touch with more help, however please bear in mind this is Three's Customer Community, so I won't be accessing or amending details on customer accounts in response to a post here.

I'll PM you some info to help you get in touch with some colleagues who will take ownership of your complaint, and make sure this is sorted out.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Puppup
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan - I hope you are well and thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post.

My issue is the same as the previous poster, being non-receipt of DPD label or collection bag despite being in the 30 day returns window for 5G home broadband, despite multiple chat/calls with customer services.

Would you be able to PM me the contact details of the relevant team as you did above?

Thank you again

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Puppup,

I'm sorry to hear that you've also been facing this difficulty. I'll message you back with a link to some more help now.

Thanks,
Jonathan