cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled after router upgrade

buckoJ
Fledgling

I’m wondering if anyone can offer any guidance here. I am being sent in circles and no one seems to know what’s going on. 

We have had mobile broadband from three for 2 years? Up to June of this year. We were going to cancel the contract as we hadn’t been able to receive 5g for some months. The advisor talked me in to a new router upgrade and a new contract on a month by month basis. New router arrived and no new sim present so we swapped the old sim on to the new router and awaited our return envelope. The envelope didn’t arrive but an email to advise we’d be charged if we didn’t return it did. I went on the online chat and after almost an hour, was advised they didn’t need the router returning. All good. Fast forward a few more weeks and I receive an email to say we were being charged for not returning the router! Back on the chat, and after more than 2 hours I eventually got someone to understand we needed a return envelope! Passed from one person to the next. The envelope arrived and the router was returned, last week. Finally all sorted…nope! Today I received an email to confirm return of the router and a nice text message to say my account was now closed and internet disconnected! I have been back on chat for 1 and a half hours and still getting nowhere. We have no internet. We like many hikes have everything running from wifi. Our youngest is autistic and being without internet is not an option. 

I have never had such a diabolical service from start to finish. I am told a “higher authority” will be calling me to try and reconnect the old sim. I had told them previously that we did not receive a new sim with the upgraded router, and they never once said you should have had one, so we’ll send one out. I was just told the IMEI I gave them was for the old router but it’s lost definitely printed in the base of the new one. No one seems to know what they’re doing and I’m wishing I’d just cancelled and gone elsewhere. Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you resolve it?

Thanks in Advance 

1 REPLY 1
buckoJ
Fledgling

*most homes

*most definitely