cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5G Home Broadband is misbehaving

angel76ph
Regular

I'm using a OnePlus 10T and is currently on the latest Oxygen OS 14.0.0.701.

I noticed that one of my apps has been misbehaving especially Instagram. NOTE:  i use my phone on an area with very fast 4G & 5G signal when i'm out or at home with my Three's 5G Broadband (ZTE Model No. NR5103E)

I'm concerned because the app doesn't refresh when you swipe it down so I am unable to see new contents. This behaviour is temporarily "fixed" by logging out and logging back it again or closing the app then doing a reset (not factory reset). The problem with this is accumulatively it's using so much time and greatly affect the battery life of my phone. 

I'm also blaming the home Wifi because even if i'm living in a 1-bedroom flat and the router placed by the window sill and the line of sight is clear of any obstructions I still feel it could be better.

I don't know if my router needs an update or software optimization or a wifi extender?

Please help. 

19 REPLIES 19
rky
Active

Go to Settings → Network & Internet (or Wi-Fi & Internet)

Select Advanced → Private DNS.

Select Private DNS provider hostname. Enter one of the servers below:
dns.adguard-dns.com
unfiltered.adguard-dns.com

You can use one of them.

rky
Active

If you don’t have these settings or feel the process is complex then you can download 1.1.1.1 app from play store and install and click on connect and your DNS is changed to CloudFlare

angel76ph
Regular

I have installed the 1.1.1.1 and have enabled the DNS thing. But do i have to enable Warp?

rky
Active

Not mandatory 

angel76ph
Regular

Will definitely try it and will get back to you guys.

But i noticed something today. Went to work today and connected to our work Wifi.

I noticed that all my apps work perfectly fine including Instagram. When I went home connected to Three's 4G/5G and alternating with my home 5G broadband Instagram fails to load again. This is a phenomenon i'm starting to think that it IS Three's fault and services may need to be looked into especially in my area.

rky
Active

Has DNS changed something?

angel76ph
Regular

Hi. After installing the 1.1.1.1 app it seemed to have worked. 

So far whenever i'm connected to my home 5G broadband or the mobile network I can access Instagram as normal with ease.

But i wanted to ask...why did it took an app in order for Instagram to work?

What did the app do or does?

Will it have any privacy issues?

rky
Active

Hi it’s cloudflare its a brand in the world of DNS so don’t worry about your Privacy, you can also enable zero trust to double up the privacy and you can also get WARP for lifetime

angel76ph
Regular

If I wanted Warp will I have to pay anything for that?

I already have Google 1. But I heard their VPN service is shutting down. 

Also, can I ask if i can install the 1.1.1.1 app on any Android phone even if some apps (or the Wifi) is misbehaving?

rky
Active

Did you try APN change on Three as three.co.uk

3internet