cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty 5G Router and Customer Service Incompetence

RJE
Fledgling

Hi. I have a Three 5G router and it has stopped working correctly, with the internet completely dropping roughly every 24 hours, and a restart being the only to get things up and running again.

I was originally told by a live chat operative to visit a Three store with the router for a repair/replacement. Upon arriving at the store, I was told by the manager that they would not be able to help, as Three stores can only help customers with items purchased at that specific store, and that this was a common issue with live chat. I was however advised to make a formal complaint in order to get this resolved.

Following my complaint, I have now been told that this is not Three's problem, and that I need to get it resolved with the manufacturer. I pointed to this thread to counter this argument, https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Faulty-router-diagnosed-but-no-fix/m-p/19780 and the live chat was terminated with 'I haven’t heard from you in a while – Are we still connected?' and 'Because I haven’t heard from you in several minutes, I’m going to end the chat.' within the space of a few seconds!

I feel extremely frustrated with this, and am hoping someone this forum a) may know something to try to get the router working again, or b) knows how to convince Three to solve this issue?

Many thanks,
Ryan

1 REPLY 1
MZone
Superstar

Mane a mod @Maxine or @KateS can help you.