cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SIM FOR YOUR ZTE MC801A WILL MAKE EVERYTHING OK THEY SAID

oldman1900
Regular

Home Broadband contract with Three for 1 year and 7 months. Excellent speeds and no disconnection ever. I was so pleased with this system. However just over two weeks ago the modem/router started disconnecting from the local 5G network several times each day with reduced download speeds compared to previously. Part of my home security system is out of action without a broadband connection and part of it ironically relies on cellular backup. Three support, via two chats, assured me that a new SIM card would sort everything out. Received the card via post and installed it nearly a week ago. There has been no change and the modem/router disconnects several times each day as previously. Could someone advise why Three is apparently unaware of what the issue is and how to solve it? I do not wish to spend the rest of my life in an everlasting loop of turning off/on a faulty item. I am only a few months away from the end of my contract. My wife and I both have Three mobile contracts and are content with the service. The mobile data download speed from our phones, in the same location as the modem/router is five times faster. I hope there is a team working on a solution to this problem. A moderator pointed out that customers with problems are more likely to be posting on these forums. Does that mean that most customers are content and have no issues. If that is the case then the diagnosis and a solution should be easier to find surely?

3 REPLIES 3
hb90
Fledgling

Exactly the same issue, and I have just been given this same sim solution…not convinced! Have been a customer with Three for 15 years and this could be the final straw!

oldman1900
Regular

Last few days no disconnections from the three network 5G Home Broadband. Download speeds now tend to meet the published expected average speeds from three (100 - 150 Mbps) Just done a speed test and it was 161/64 Mbps, ping 14ms jitter 7ms   In the preceding 19 months using three home broadband I was getting no disconnections and regularly download speeds of about 400Mbps and occasionally much higher 700Mbps. I suppose as more people sign up in my area that is to be expected. However I can't complain if they are providing the published average speeds at half the price I paid BT for 67Mbps. So in summary it appears that the new SIM is now working OK. 

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @hb90,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue which we know will be frustrating,

Has the new SIM resolved the issue like it did for @oldman1900?

If it hasn't let us know and we can direct you to a team who will be able to investigate this further.

John M