cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E with Google Wifi 1st Generation

jclipwork
Fledgling

Sharing this as it may help someone else. Ive been running Google Wi-Fi 1st generation with no issues with my last 2 internet providers with no issues. Connecting it up to the NR5103E turned into a nightmare loop if issues.

I initially married up the WAN IP settings on the primary google Wi-Fi with the IP provided by the NR5103E and all was good for a few moths, then suddenly one day, although the internet access wasnrt affected, we could no longer use any of the smart features on the Google Wifi.

I tried setting up Cellular IP Passthrough (AKA bridge mode) but this just didnt work, go not internet access at all. I just about fiddled with every setting until I came up with the fix.

I ended up setting the IP provided to the Google Wi-fi router as static to prevent future issues, made sure that the Google Wi-Fi WAN setting matched this IP, and most inpotantly, changed the Cellular APN from auto to three.co.uk on the NR5103E ...... then it all started working.

This took me a week of on and off testing, and serveral beers to figure out, so if it helps anyone else then its been worthwhile.

For refrence the 1st Generation Google Wi-Fi hardware doesnt support VLANs, and I dont know if this is whly the Cellular IP Passthrough wouldnt work. Was going to ask the community about this, so if anyone knows then hook me up. 

0 REPLIES 0