cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103EV2 network dropping constantly

vicousvern
Fledgling

Hi, I've had this router for a week now, while the speed of it is great (when it works) its constantly breaking my entire home setup. I've had to restart it multiple times a day as when it drops it seems to kick everything of the network so no devices can communicate. For example I run a NAS with Plex and when the router drops my devices no longer have access to the NAS server.
I have a dedicated connection with Plusnet for my work from home job, and I got this second contract with three so everyone else in the household could use that connection.
I've tried multiple solutions from the community but having no luck. I ended up just plugging the NR5103EV2 into my existing network, so if any one connects to either the three device or the plusnet device they still have access to everything else on the network, while it somewhat works, it still breaks everything if the three device decides to drop the network. I'd like to find a solution as my home connection is only 16Mbps, where as the 5G router hits over 300Mbps, so its a stark difference!
I did fiddle with trying to put it into IP Passthrough mode and connect it to my current network, but then theres just no connection at all.
Would appreciate any help, even if its just having two seperate networks, just need the three device to stay consistently alive, regardless if its lost connectivity briefly. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0