Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G Home Broadband ZTEMC888

sd340068
Fledgling

We have used Three 4G/5G Broadband for quite a few years now. We recently upgraded and got this router, which was working great for around a month. 

Let me try and explain.  The speeds are great when it works - no problem at all.  This is on a business account with Three.  For the last month or 2, ethernet constantly drops out and shows an issue with IP Configuration.  the IPV6 settings on these routers doesnt work well with the likes of Sky TV/WordPress and a few other apps on mobile devices.  Its a business account with this router so of course WordPress is vital to have access to.  We had to edit the connection mode on these routers to only be IPV4 in order for these to all work perfectly - no other settings were changed.

However, the Ethernet connection drops out constantly. It could be once per day or it could be 10 times an hour. WiFi is not as secure or as fast as Ethernet and as we run a business with this, it needs to be stable and reliable. 

I know that these routers from Three have terrible issues/reviews online BUT, is there a real fix for the ethernet dropping out all the time from this router? Never had an issue with the old Huawei B535 router supplied from Three. 

Thanks,

Steven

Best solution
3 REPLIES 3
sd340068
Fledgling

Whilst this is the most bonkers thing i've read, that a router isn't designed to power WiFi and Ethernet, on a business router....  I thank you immensely for finding that post and linking me to it! I have changed the setting on the router today, so far, no disconnections!  

thank you again, really appreciate it

Steven

Officina-red
Involved

Glad (so far) it’s helping, I have to admit I’ve never heard of that before either.