cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103e suggestion

Limera
Active

Could 3 consider adding an option in future NR5103e version updates, for the router to reboot or effectively disconnect/reconnect if it sees no Internet traffic for x minutes?

Similar to others here I get a few occasions a week where all my devices lose Internet connection (wired and wifi) but the router portal and the router lights show it as healthy and connected to the Internet still. 

A simple reset always fixes things but an automated reset in the event of no traffic would be a useful option to me and to others who are away from their home when the NR5103e locks up in this manner. 

8 REPLIES 8
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey, Limera. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

That's a good idea. I can certainly forward a feature request on for you. I have no way of knowing if that's something that's already being worked on or if it's something that can be done, but hopefully we'll see something like that roll out in a future firmware update. Thanks. 

Pete. 

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Limera
Active

Thank you @PeteG I'm much obliged that you would consider doing so. 

EDIflyer
Involved

Thanks for your post @Limera - I've only had mine a few weeks and the connection went down when I was away on holiday. As you say when I got back all the lights were on fine and I could still access the web interface OK and reboot it but all internet traffic had stopped. Your suggestion sounds like a good workaround but it'd be even better if whatever is causing this could be fixed!

EDIflyer
Involved

PS just had a look at the data for my Raspberry Pi that's always on and I see it lost a connection to the webservice (so was marked as powered off) at 22:49:53 on 21/6/23 - only returned when I power cycled the following evening when I got home.

EDIflyer_0-1687706992760.png

Limera
Active

@EDIflyer I've switched on logging in the hope of narrowing down what part of the process/connection is breaking down, but I'll admit I don't understand much of what the logs capture. Fingers crossed this b14 firmware increases stability because other than that I'm loving my mobile broadband. 

bulldog555
Involved

My 5G Hub NR5103E has upgraded firmware B12 to B14 see my post here: https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Bug-on-Firmware-B14-on-NR5103E/m-p/14423#M2518

Limera
Active

Hi @bulldog555, thanks for mentioning that here. I was completely unaware that an auto update had happened so I'll be paying extra attention as to whether there is any greater stability in this release. 

EDIflyer
Involved

Here's hoping it helps. I'm still on b12 and no issues in the past week at least!