cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - NR5103E V2 Hub

ashscrivens
Regular

Hello, Looking for some help here.

Recently joined Three 5G Home Broadband to replace my Virgin Media connection and so far after a week of use I have been hugely impressed with speeds and responsiveness, crazy how it feels snapper than cable broadband.

There's just one huge issue, having a nightmare getting devices connect. iPhone, tablets, work laptop all fine but having issues with 2 Samsung TV's, an Android TV box and 4 of 5 of my Sonos speakers.

I have tried the DNS trick setting it to Googles 8.8.8.8 on the TV's, tried changing the Wi-Fi channels and also splitting the 2Ghz and 5Ghz to try connect to 2Ghz.

Starting to loose my patience and as my Virgin Media is still live I may just have to return under the 30day returns period which i really don't want do because 600mb speeds at this price is fantastic.

It seems this hub/router is letting down what would be a good service as I have read there is bugs in the last firm wear upgrade. I do work in tech so I'm not a total novice, any help would be appreciated.

Come on Three keep me, I don't want break up so soon ❤️

4 REPLIES 4
Psmithson
Involved

I just joined up and can't get my Kindles to connect. My workaround is to connect them to the guest WiFi which works - for some reason! Might be worth a try for your TV's

Peter1
Fledgling

hi 

I only got my gear on Sunday and all my gear connected except my Samsung Tv after several attempt and one with the WPS button no connection the tv said the password was wrong however trying again after attemting with WPS it recognised the password, if its close enough you could try the Ethernet cable? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey everyone,

Based on what you're all describing, this may relate to the issue described on this thread: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection many community members have confirmed that a combination of one or both of setting an IPv4 only connection and/or using the three.co.uk APN has helped with device connectivity issues.

Some users have added some screenshots and advice on the replies to that thread.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ashscrivens
Regular

This has seemed to of helped, I have switched to three.co.uk and set to IPv4 only. The Samsung tv in the bedroom connected straight away but my living room one is still having a melt down. Going try perform a full reset on the TV tonight but I have got a Sky Stream box arriving today also so will see how that links up also.

Haven't got around to moving the sonos speakers over but I discovered if one is connected via ethernet then the sonos creates its own private wifi connection for the rest which I am going try do free up the hub.

Thanks for the advice people 🙂 All things considered been very impressed so far getting a minimum of 500MB DL and 100MB UL, hopefully a future update improves the hubs connectivity and bugs.