cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Cancel Mobile Broadband

bmus
Fledgling

I want to know if anyone else has encountered this issue. I have been trying to cancel my three broadband today as I've switched providers. My contact details were outdated and I had to go into a three store to get these changed, which was very inconvenient. I've then spent 3 hours in total trying to cancel my account via chat, but every time they try and verify no email comes through. They're now telling me there's no other way to validate. How can this problem be resolved, as I'm not interested in continuing to pay £31 a month when I am already switching providers. 

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Maestro

£31 seems a lot! I too have mobile broadband with Three and if I want to speak to customer service I call 333. Surely you’d do better to call to sort things out rather than use chat??? But if you’re payg and you’ve exhausted all other avenues then raise a complaint via the Three homepage. Best of luck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bmus,

Did you manage to get help with this in the meantime since posting? I appreciate it's not ideal if you've already been to store to update your details, but the back up security process if One Time Passcodes can't be received does require another trip to store. If you pop in with a photo ID, either passport or driving license the store can add a 4 digit security PIN to the account to use instead of the OTP check.

Alternatively, a lot of Broadband devices do support text, if you check the admin settings for your router/MiFi there may be an SMS inbox, or you could pop the SIM in a phone if available.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.