cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG mobile broadband VPN to office only works on APN 3internet

JimAitken
Fledgling

I have a 4GLTE TPlink mobile broadband router with a PAYG sim which I connect to from a Windows laptop. All worked well except I couldn't connect to my office VPN. I changed the APN from three.co.uk to 3internet and the VPN now works perfectly.

The issue is that I also have a PAYG sim in my phone (APN three.co.uk)  and when I tether to it, all works well, apart from the VPN. I've tried setting up a new connection on the phone with the 3internet APN but I still can't connect to my office VPN.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jim

Best solution
Best solution
Avondale
Rising star

If you search for "VPN", without the quotation marks, on this forum, you will find other posts about this situation. I answered one last week. In summary, Three 5G home Broadband and VPNs sometimes work and sometimes they do not. I am fine with Cisco AnyConnect but others are not so lucky.  

View solution in conversation

1 REPLY 1
Best solution
Avondale
Rising star

If you search for "VPN", without the quotation marks, on this forum, you will find other posts about this situation. I answered one last week. In summary, Three 5G home Broadband and VPNs sometimes work and sometimes they do not. I am fine with Cisco AnyConnect but others are not so lucky.