cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port for website

Bilbo_Baggins
Fledgling

I used to be with TalkTalk and had my own Netgear router configured so that my test website could be loaded etc.. However since moving to use Three Zyxel 5G router, I can no longer access the website.. When I enter the internal IP address of my webserver, I get a login window and not the website loading..  I guess I need to use the port forwarding config but even though I've mirrored the settings / ports I used to use on my Netgear router it doesn't work. What do I need to configure to get it to work again?

8 REPLIES 8
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Are you trying to access the server outside your LAN or inside?

You mentioned, "I get a login window...", Is this for your server or the router?

What's the model of your old Netgear router? Did you have port forwarding configured on the Netgear router?

Bilbo_Baggins
Fledgling

Both.. The login window is for the webserver.. I had port forwarding setup on my old router Netgear N300 model no: DGN2200..

Config as below [192.168.0.99 is my webserver]:

netgear.jpg

EDIflyer
Involved

Have you told DHCP on the Zyxel router to give the same IP address out to your webserver as you did on the Netgear? If not you might have to do that. Once working internally then setup a port forward. I wouldn't drop your firewall security. 

Bilbo_Baggins
Fledgling

Have done this.. When I try the IP address from within my local N/W, I get a login prompt rather than the website loading.. so need to look at port forwarding.. Unfortunately, this is not as straightforward to configure as I had on the Netgear router.. incidentally, when I ping the website URL, I get a reply back so I know that the external bit is working..

EDIflyer
Involved

Interesting, I take it no other service has taken that IP with the router change? Is it the Zyxel login page you're getting? 

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Try putting the firewall setting to Low to allow unrestricted WAN to LAN access. May need a router reboot. If this works put back to Medium and try configuring ACLs.

Use this as a guide ZyXEL Port Forwarding - AAISP Support Site

Bilbo_Baggins
Fledgling

Cheers - that "ZyXEL Port Forwarding" guide is exactly what I need..

Hopefully get some time this week to add in the required ports..

Bilbo_Baggins
Fledgling

Cheers for that - going to concentrate on getting it to work internally first.. thenonce that is done will look at external conenctions..