cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor cancellation/returns experience

MaskedOrange
Fledgling

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any strategies for how to get in touch with a more senior team at Three? I feel that I am having a poor and time-consuming experience and at this point I would just like it to be over.

• July 2022 - ordered Three 5G broadband, and noticed occasional dropouts, but was generally happy to put up with them as I experimented with moving the router to different locations in my house to see if they fixed it.
  • Oct 2022 - multiple days of downtime due to 'working on the mask, but it's a little more complicated than they expected'.
  • April 2023 - contacted Three about regular dropouts to the broadband, advised to phone to speak to a different team so I waited, hoping it would fix itself.
  • May 2023 - contacted Three about regular broadband dropouts. I was assured that work on the mast would be completed by 31st May 2023, and assured that the issue would be fixed and I wouldn't have to come back again.
  • June 2023 - the issue was not fixed, and the mast still showed as under maintenance on the Three status checker. I was allowed to leave my contract by returning the device, using an envelope that Three would send.
  • 11th July 2023 - no envelope was received. After 25 minutes of chat, I was sent another, which arrived approximately 7/8 days later.
  • 24th July 2023 - I posted the device back
  • 27th July 2023 - I received an email to say that the device was not received.
  • 31st July 2023 - I attempted to contact support, and explained the situation. I was told that there was no cancellation request on my account, so the fee would be £242.66 to cancel. I tried to explain that the device was already posted back, and am currently waiting to be transferred to another team

Thanks for any advice or help!

4 REPLIES 4
MaskedOrange
Fledgling

After waiting almost 60 minutes for someone on live chat, they asked me a few questions (which I answered politely) and then left the chat without any further explanation, leaving a "Please wait" message. That means that I have spent nearly 2 hours today attempting to contact Three, and have got nowhere.

Geluk
Key player

Contact them via Direct Message on social media.

Avondale
Rising star

@MaskedOrange 

I wonder whether @JonathanB can help you ? You do seem to have been given the runaround ! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MaskedOrange,

This is really disappointing to hear, and it's not the experience we'd want for any of our customers. Of course I'll be happy to get you in touch with an escalated support team, so we can verify the return and help get this resolved properly for you.

I'll PM you to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help. To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.