cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding, via a Data Only SIM

DB5327-3
Fledgling

Hi There.

In some respects, I think this probably covers all of the Forum Options ....

The Equipment In Use.

Anyway, I am using a PAYG "3" data only SIM, 24GB valid for 24 months.

This is being used in conjunction with a Teltonica 3g RUT500 wireless Router, to send continuous data, back to a server, from a remote location in the UK.

The system, and the router were set-up and programmed by professional networking engineers.

The Problem.

However, when the data reaches the server, the port forwarding number has been changed, so the data is rejected.

After much investigation and analysis, it appears that the "3 Network" is somehow changing the port forwarding information, during transit throught the system.  This also changes on a random time basis, and random number basis.

I would appreciate any information on why this is occuring, and how it may be negated.

Regards

DB5327-3

3 REPLIES 3
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi DB5327-3

Sorry you're running into issues here. I've asked for some further support on this topic for you, I'll let you know as soon as I have any updates for you. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

EngineerMelissa
Employee
Employee

Hi DB5327-3,

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to ask a few questions to get a better scope of the issue.

Questions:

• Is your SIM on a normal plan or is it a mobile broadband SIM?
  • Is the server you are sending the data to hosted on a cellular connection or is it hosted on a 'standard' internet setup (this could be the cloud or etc)?
  • If you could give a generic flow of your solution/service that would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,

Melissa

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Also, try checking the Teltonica 3g RUT500 Router settings and ensure the APN is set to "3internet". Most 3rd party routers incorrectly set the APN to "three.co.uk"

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here