cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolonged network issues in KY16 area

DaveT
Fledgling

Recently joined Three Home Broadband. When I first plugged everything in I was getting around 30Mbps download and 4Mbps upload speeds which I was really happy with. However about two weeks ago that all changed. I'm now getting around 7Mbps download and sub 1Mbps upload (when I can get a speedtest to complete). Checked on the Network Status Checker and it has had the same message since the issue started:

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

I also called the helpline the same day to try and get an estimate of how long the work would be going on for and after a fairly long wait the chap I spoke with said it would be a week. I'm still waiting. Any better way to find out what the heck is going on and how long for? I'm very rapidly approaching the end of my first month and would like to know whether to cancel my Three contract or my old BT one.

Best solution
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

Chat to the social media team as they can access engineers.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

Chat to the social media team as they can access engineers.

DaveT
Fledgling

By social media do you mean facebook etc? I don't do any of that stuff.

Threlly
Involved

Joinn the queue, that message appears all over the country, I've had it in my area as a permanent insult since January at least, I suspect far longer.
They took all the money from new customers and handed it over as bonuses and dividends.
I deeply suspect they didn't upgrade the network and won't pay the money for higher bandwidth in the backbone.
Hence the situation Three customers face all over the country.