cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal drop outs

blakesnake
Fledgling

Hi all, I have one of these devices. I have placed it using the recommendations of where to put it when you login. It works great some of the time but then will just randomly drop down to one bar of signal. Any tips or tricks?

IMG_20230504_194413.jpg

• 5G
5 REPLIES 5
blakesnake
Fledgling

@JonathanB I have followed your instructions on other posts. The sim works great in my phone.

I've done a factory reset but no difference. If anything, it's made it worse! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @blakesnake,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'll do my best to help.

How long have you been having these issues for now? Has this been a problem since day one of receiving the router, or has it started more recently?  If the signal seems to be fluctuating have you been able to test any other locations at home? Generally the higher the better and near a window tends to help too.

When the signal seems to drop, do you lose connection entirely, or how does it affect your connections? Are we showing any local issues on the Network Status Checker?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

blakesnake
Fledgling

Thanks for the reply @JonathanB. It worked great for the first 5 months or so - these issues have been since about Feb/March.

I've tried 4-5 different locations, but none seem to make a difference. When the signal drops I don't lose connection entirely, but the speed crawls to a snails pace. Zoom will cut or Netflix will buffer.

Would appreciate your thoughts! 

blakesnake
Fledgling

@JonathanB here is an example of the speed when it drops down. You can imagine it is frustrating!

SpeedTest140523.PNG

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @blakesnake,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. If you're still running into this issue, I suspect that there could be a fault with the router, assuming there's no local network issues that would explain this problem. We'll need to take a closer look at your account and connection.

I'll send you a PM so we can get you in touch with more help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.