cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G broadband

darren_h
Fledgling

Hi, has anyone else experienced this issue with their 5G home broadband and had a resolution?

I recently ordered a home 5G broadband service from three but had the same common issue where it would not pick up a 5G signal. I eventually (after escalating to complaints) got the modem swapped out and the replacement picks up 5G no problem (Three really need to address this issue since it seems common).

The only issue is my speed is not what it should be. Currently I’m getting on average 100Mbps download & 62 Mbps upload on 5G. If I put that SIM in my iPhone, on 5G I get 700+ download and 95+ upload. To rule out the modem as being at fault, I tried another 5G enabled Three and Smarty SIM in the modem and got 700+Mbps download speeds. Popped the original three broadband sim back in and was back down to only 100 download.

Tech support sent a “fix” to the SIM which gave it decent speeds, but as soon as the modem was rebooted it was back down to 100Mbps. This was tried 3 times before they said I need a new SIM, but I’ve got this and still having the same issues. Support seem to have lost any interest in fixing this now. 

100Mbps is better than what most get, but when I know I can get around the 700Mbps range from the same device on the same network, it feels like I’m being short changed. I’m tempted to get the SIM swapped again, but not sure this will have any success. 

4 REPLIES 4
bulldog555
Involved

I wouldn't not trusted Three ever! They just making excuse to keep you on paying etc

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @darren_h,

I can appreciate that this is a really disappointing difference in speeds. Which model of router do you have with us, the ZTE MC801A, or the Zyxel NR5103E?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

bulldog555
Involved

I rather surprise as there is new 5G mast in Heath Hill, Dawley say cellmapper as today. Took my 5G hub out and test it and it was much better but need more work to do in Woodside area nearby Madeley in Telford

3452970092739806-vCMyjoTq.png

bulldog555
Involved

1686018703279381255.png

Not bad at all. From Madeley 5G mast