Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal keeps switching to 4G LTE

bennetts101
Fledgling

I have a new NR5103EV2 5G home broadband hub and the signal keeps switching between NR5G-NSA and LTE, this is accompanied by the light on the device changing from blue to green. The signal strength is reported as excellent (-78), the device is on the windowsill and my house is approximately 100m from the mast. During my first week with this new broadband service, I also on one occasion completely lost my internet connection which was fixed by rebooting the hub. Is anyone else having issues like this, are there any settings I should change on the hub or does this sound like I have faulty hub? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Spud
Involved

My v1 does this when there is no traffic. I noticed it happening when I bought a pedestal stand to get the router in the optimum position. Moving the router about I was getting no blue 5G when I should be seeing three of four blue bars. I then realised I had no devices connected. As soon as I powered on a tablet the 5G came on.

I assume it is a power-saving feature that kicks in when there has been no Internet traffic for a while.