cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Apps won't connect anymore through Mobile Broadband (Huawei router)

BristolBob
Fledgling

I've had Mobile broadband for a couple of years with a number of T-Link access points throughout the house and a couple of months ago a few apps on my mobile stopped connecting. I've updated to a later version of the T-Link access point as that was recommended on a T-Link forum, but did not help. I've even tried a Tanda access point, but that still didn't work. So it must be the broadband link.

Oddly, if I connect directly to the router's WiFi they do work, but I don't think it's the access points as I tried new models and a different brand.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts. The apps I know are affected are Clash of Clans and First Direct or HSBC banking apps.

3 REPLIES 3
BristolBob
Fledgling

Ok, so after seeing another post on here saying to change the connection to three,co.uk on the router, I had a look, but couldn't change the connection profile, but there was an Auto profile. Set that to default and whaddya know, Clash of Clans now works! Why???

Robin777
Fledgling

Hello, I've been having exactly the same issue for months with some apps not working on the 4g wifi hub and having to switch to data.

Where are the settings you modified spefically please?

BristolBob
Fledgling

I logged on to my Huawei router and clicked on Network Settings, Internet connection, then scrolled down to profiles where there were two options, 3 UK and Auto. It didn't let me edit the profile, but I was able to change the default from 3 UK to Auto and for now, that seems to have fixed it.