cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no 5G with NR5103

MJW-GTR
Active

My router has updated to the .12 firmware but still not getting 5G, only 4G

This both the same at my house and my dad's except he gets 4G+.

Any suggestions?

33 REPLIES 33
lovell100
Active

Did you get a replacement from Three directly or buy one yourself?

crypt0ninja
Established

My initial NR5103E was purchased elsewhere so arranged a return on it mate

MJW-GTR
Active

Heya,

Yeah I've tried the manual banding, as suggested and still no different whatsoever.

I haven't had chance to get in touch with Three yet, but I fear they will be useless to talk to.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MJW-GTR@lovell100,

Thanks for trying manual band selection, I'm sorry to hear that was a dead end.

I'm gathering some info from customers that are still experiencing issues connecting to 5G following the B12 update. The software update has fixed a majority of the problems, but it must have also been masking some other issue.

I'll PM each of you for a bit more info that should help us look into this further.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MJW-GTR
Active

Reply sent 

sjbmw
Fledgling

Definitely an issue with this router.  I previously had the ZTE 5G router and was getting 700-800 mbps.  Exchanged for this device thinking it is better but now get around 30mbps with the router located in exactly the same place.  It does not connect to 5G only 4G (Lte).  The light on the router keeps switches from green (4G) to blue (5G) momentarily.

Ran the Speedtest within 30 mins of the exchange so not a Network issue.  Also has b12 firmware.  Three are now replacing the unit which was hard work again.  They tried to say it is a network issue which it clearly is not.

lovell100
Active

Exact same issue as you, constantly flipping from 5G to 4G, latency unbearable.

My replacement arrived and working fine again, deffo a hardware issue.  Some dodgy Zyxels out there.

Thanks @JonathanB for your help in resolving this.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sjbmw,

Did you manage to get the router exchanged? Let me know if you're still having trouble getting this sorted out.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

KHow
Fledgling

I received the NR5103 today with the b12 firmware and it constantly seems to flick between 5g and 4g and it seems to be causing massive ping spikes to over 1000 and inconstant speeds of between 1mbp to 300mbp. I am still in the timeframe to just cancel so if I don’t get it solved in the next few days it will be getting packed up and returned and contract cancelled.

crypt0ninja
Established

Any idea how far you are from your local mast?

Can you post a screenshot of your signal stats page from the router admin portal?