Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access 'secure' websites like Paypal, banking. UDP issues.

GmanX
Active

For the last week or so, access to anything secure has been either non-existent or very sporadic. This also includes gaming and other sites are just not loading or taking a long time to connect.

Most games throw up a 'UDP initialisation' error when trying to connect to a server.

My banking apps, Paypal, Lotto and anything else that requires authenticated logins just refuse to load unless I've rebooted my router right before, and even then it doesn't always work.

My mobile (also on Three) has none of these issues.

Any solutions, or do I need to put in a ticket?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GmanX,

As the issue seems to be specific to your Broadband, and not a Three phone, you could try changing your APN profile to a manual one on the router, and use APN: three.co.uk

The three.co.uk does use CGNAT though, so it's not always the best option for Broadband set ups. You could also set a manual APN profile for the Broadband APN: 3internet and try setting this to IPv4 only.

Let me know if either suggestion seems to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GmanX,

As the issue seems to be specific to your Broadband, and not a Three phone, you could try changing your APN profile to a manual one on the router, and use APN: three.co.uk

The three.co.uk does use CGNAT though, so it's not always the best option for Broadband set ups. You could also set a manual APN profile for the Broadband APN: 3internet and try setting this to IPv4 only.

Let me know if either suggestion seems to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

GmanX
Active

using three.co.uk seems to have fixed it, TY.

No idea why it suddenly stopped working as I've never messed with those settings before.