cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable connection and useless customer service.

carminem29
Fledgling

I post a complaint message here so maybe someone competent and insider can help me get out of this situation.

Since around May 2023 i started to see issues with my home broadband speeds (I have the 5G Hub home broadband with sim).

Normally before May I was able to get a speed of around 80/90 Mbps and watch Netflix etc.

From May onwards I am VERY often experiencing slowdowns and sometimes the line is practically OFF (this in the last months June/July)

I have repeatedly called "customer service three" FROM MY mobile phone NUMBER and NOT from the SIM three that is inside the Broadband Hub, I want to underline this because the person who answered the phone when I told him that I had called other times too to complain he insisted on telling me that they had never received calls from that number (it seems obvious to me, the SIM is inside the modem)

After a week I called back to find out how to cancel my contract as the service provided for more than 2 months was not good at all. And it STILL doesn't work right.

In the last call I had with customer service, I asked to cancel my contract and they replied that obviously as per the contract if you close it before the end of the 2 years I would have to pay a FEE which is around £234, I asked them if we could reach an agreement or meet to settle the final bill and pay less, but nothing, since in recent months the connection VERY OFTEN has not allowed me to do continuous online work, or watch smart TV without interruptions.

The person on the phone kept repeating the same script, putting me on hold saying she had to talk to another department and keeping repeating the same things to me over and over like she was an automaton. Even when I asked to speak to a superior of him he insisted on telling me that he would NOT have passed it to me on the phone if I had not accepted that this FEE was to be paid in the last bill.

Now this makes me think that maybe there are two things:

Either these agents take a commission on these end of contract FEEs, or I'm just sorry to say they are incompetent at handling a deal with an unsatisfied customer.

After this last call I went to a Three center, explained the situation and they told me to call Three customer service and ask to finish my contract without paying the FEE as the promise in the offer was not fulfilled.

After those calls, I no longer wasted time calling, since they are useless and sometimes even rude.

I am not happy with the service offered and the assistance I received.

for the work i do i need to spend many hours on my laptop and very often i am on video call for work and i can't every time have to go to a coffee shop or use my mobile connection as a hotspot, it's ridiculous honestly.

I don't even think it's honest and ethical to charge an exit FEE for a service that hasn't kept its promise.

Honestly, if you can't resolve it, I'll simply stop paying the three.

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Don't stop paying as you may end up in default and your credit rating affected.

Threlly
Involved

And there it is. Three in a nutshell.
Let this be a warning to anybody thinking of joining.
@JonathanB- over to you.

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @carminem29 

That's really disappointing to hear!

I totally appreciate how frustrating this will be. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

Threlly
Involved

Answer me this.

Why does @carminem29 have to go through all of that only to have to come here to find even the beginning of a resolution?

carminem29
Fledgling

apparently customer service doesn't care about maybe trying to make a deal or assist the customer. and again today connection problems and I have to use the hotspot. And then they also have the courage to ask to pay an exit fee?

IMG_4377.png