cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip Calls and increasing performance

Aaronkr
Fledgling

Hi, 

I take calls for work through my laptop using Avaya, a system which uses VOIP. 

Since switching to Three broadband, I have had calls drop/go quiet/go robotic. My IT department have spent a lot of time trying to improve things but on their final test have figured that the issue lies with my Internet. They have asked if it is possible to contact Three and increase the performance for Voip calls.

I have tried calling customer support but they do not seem to understand what I am asking for. When speaking to customer support, they have said they have increased my IP settings from 4 to 6. They've made me take out the SIM card and try it in my phone. They keep testing my connection in my area to check for faults despite this problem going on for ages. On my last call, they said they will replace my router but none of this has helped. 

So my question is, is there a way for me to increase the performance of my router when taking Internet calls through a TV laptop? Am I able to increase the bandwidth or something else? 

1 REPLY 1
Aaronkr
Fledgling

I'm not getting any support. Moving to this network was such a big mistake. When I moved I was in training and now that that has finished and I'm taking calls, I'm constantly getting issues. This is infuriating and despite being told how great this network is, in having nothing but trouble. I'm going to look at breaking this contract I'm under as it just isn't suitable and the help I'm getting is laughable.