cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently moved, connection now poor.

WTCS
Fledgling

Hi,

We've recently moved from an area where we received a great 5G connection via the Three Broadband service but we have now moved to an area where we get only 4G. A recent speed test showed that our download speed is only 4.22Mb/s while the upload speed is 6.59Mb/s. Can anything be done to remedy this?

The router is already placed in the windowsill to get the best possible connection. We cannot cancel without penalty as there is around 9-10 months remaining on our 2 year contract.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

I doubt that there is anything you can do other than hope that 3 spend some money and instal more capacity. How does your phone perform?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WTCS,

I'm sorry to hear that the connection isn't good at your new address. Does our coverage checker show your new address ought to have 5G coverage?

It's worth testing a few locations, as the windowsill you've placed the router on may not be facing the mast, or there could be other obstructions to the signal reaching that spot. Quite a few community users have mentioned getting better results when using a higher location, such as an upstairs room, or attic space.

If it does seem to be a case of poor or limited coverage, then I'd recommend speaking to customer services regardless. They should be able to check if there's any temporary issues or work that may be affecting your speeds. Ask the team to check into your options under our Coverage Policy if you do get in touch.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

WTCS
Fledgling

Hi JonathanB,

Unfortunately, the area I have moved to does not have 5g coverage as per the coverage checker and various windowsills on either side of the property do not give a speed which exceeds 10mb. My phone connection is not great either but happy enough with that speed for basic admin functions.

I will be in touch with customer services. 

Thank you both for your responses. 🙂