cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY doesn't Three sell 4G PAYG Dongles - to replace 3G? Shoddy treatment of customers!

Yorkshire-Tyke
Regular

Hello,

I was recently informed by Three that my 3G PAYG dongle will not work from tomorrow. I've looked on their site following so called "help" from their hopeless chat bot, and none are available to purchase. I just need a current 4G dongle that I can use with a £15 PAYG paper voucher for 3GB a month - but they are not to be found. I also checked their SIMS in the hope I could buy one, to pop into an unlocked dongle device...but no!

Really shoddy treatment from Three, giving me the run-around (I've also been into their Three store to no-avail). I'm an old customer, who's now left with no way to check important emails.

Sadly, I doubt if I will get to read any replies to this, as I will have to find another mobile network...

"Feels great to be appreciated" (that's sarcasm, as Three seem to have difficult understanding customers).

Their website is a badly designed maze to understand and negotiate. Their help advisors prefer to give cut and pasted/scripted valueless replies, rather than realistic help/advice that addresses their customers needs.

Best to ignore their glossy TV adverts!

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Yorkshire-Tyke,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding info to help in regards to the 3G switch off and your dongle.

Just to clear this up, if you're already using a PAYG 3G dongle, you should be able to take the SIM out of that device, and place it in another unlocked 4G device. Most Three SIMs are triple format, this means that you can push the SIM card out of the plastic frame to fit a standard, micro, or nano SIM as required, assuming the replacement device needs a different size.

If you've had the SIM a very long time, and it's not triple format, you can either ask customer services or a Three store to help you with replacing the same number onto one of these newer SIMs. If you go into store, please bring a photo ID which matches your registered details as the account holder.

You also mentioned potentially buying another SIM, generally PAYG SIMs will work just as well in a Broadband device as they do in a phone.

I hope this info helps, please let me know if you have other questions, or if you'd like more support you may wish to contact our Customer Wellness Team who support customers with vulnerability or accessibility queries.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.