cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I Get 5G Home Broadband?

Dazie999
Regular

The coverage checker and sales line both told me it is not available at my address.

Yet we have 4 out of 5 bars 5G signal on our 3 mobiles! We have had 5G for a good couple of years.

I see others have had the the same question and it looks like 3 is losing out big time. I would be happy to try for a month to confirm it works reliably, otherwise you are going to lose me to Virgin Media for 24 months yet again!

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Just because you have 5g on your phone there is no guarantee that your tower has the bandwidth to supply broadband. If you read there are many posts of people complaining that there 500mb has dropped dramatically. A lot of this is due to too many connections being sold without a corresponding increase in bandwidth. Yes, you could go unlimited on your phone and tether. Also, the bars on your phone display signal strength not available bandwidth. The best thing to do is register your interest.

I do not know if you can take a phone sim and put it in a 5g router.

Dazie999
Regular

It's been 2 weeks and I kinda hoped that Three might take an interest and reply? Maybe they realise its a lost hope?