cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E won't connect to 5G

EddersD
Fledgling

I just set up my new router and I can't connect to 5G, I seem to be limited to LTE only. My phone connects without issue.
Firmware is V1.00(ACBJ.0)b9 and I've been reading about b10 solving some issues (although those people were coming from b8). Any way I can force this update? I've tried looking for the firmware download in Zyxel's website with no luck

40 REPLIES 40
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there.

Sorry you're having issues getting the router onto 5G. The b10 software is generally what enables this to work. The router normally updates automatically overnight when idle, and then reboots.

Can you confirm if the router has done this since you posted? 

Pete.  

BigBoss
Fledgling

It's been a week and there's no B10 update yet.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BigBoss,

This is really odd, my understanding is that this is an automatic update. Sorry if I'm asking you to repeat anything you've already done, but just to confirm have you tried rebooting the router, leaving it switched on overnight, and if those fail a factory reset?

Let me know if none of that seems to force the update.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

BigBoss
Fledgling

I have done all of that. In fact factory reset it twice I believe. Nothing prompts the update.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming this @BigBoss. I'll send you a private message to get a bit more info that I can use to look into this further.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

stephen
Regular

NR5103E have same issue, worked for 2 days 5g 200mbps 50 up great until 2 days later and no 5g poor 4g speeds atrocious signal bars red green red not blue as before, in 3 5g app live signal strength went from fair to poor o er and over, 5g and 4g in my home is perfect and other devices 5g4g worked fine. onto 3 for over 3.5 hours and just today was told box fault and replacement coming tomorrow. NR5103E did make a popping sound and trouble with signal followed, 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stephen,

Welcome to the Three Community.

This definitely sounds like this could be a hardware rather than software issue for you. Please let us know if you're running into any similar issues with the replacement though. 

Thanks,
JonathanB

stephen
Regular

hi, replacement recieved today and all ok so far. S

cmcquillan
Regular

Also having the same issue here. It arrived today, have set it up. It IS on b10 firmware, but only has a strong LTE signal, nothing on 5G. Phone connects to 3 5G strongly here.