Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Connected but No Internet

SlamDank
Fledgling

Received our 5G hub last week and it all worked brilliantly for the first few days. However since Sunday evening I've had no internet whatsoever. All devices will connect to the network absolutely fine but with no functional internet access. 

Have tried resetting everything, multiple times, and removing the SIM but no change. I spoke with 3 over the phone who advised there was no issue and reset everything at their end. Despite their confident assurances this changed nothing. 

12 REPLIES 12
CraigLee
Fledgling

Sounds exactly the same as how mine has been. We’ve had the 5G Hub since March and from day 1 the service has been brilliant …up until last Saturday. Since then our ‘Network’ light flickers between white and blue every 15 minutes or so. When it’s blue the internet is literally dead, so much so that even my Speedtest app can’t even find a server to test the download and upload speeds. Trying to watch a movie or game online for more than 15 minutes is impossible at this point.

I’m going to give them a call tomorrow as it’s unfortunately shut right now. If the network doesn’t improve I’ll definitely be looking to move elsewhere.

Hopefully I bump your thread enough for someone else or a Mod to shed some light on this.

SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hi @CraigLee 

Have you tried using our device support page? If you select an option under 'What issues are you experiencing?' this should provide some troubleshooting options.

Please do let us know if this makes a difference!

SarahC

stevekn
Involved

Sarah, do you have a solution to 5G broadband modems ( with "good" 5G signal) dropping the internet, and require a restart, several times a day ?

swyftie
Fledgling

I have the same issue. I am having to reset the modem multiple times per week which is not great. 

I'm just three months into an 18 month contract but am now looking at ways out of it as this is not what I have signed up for. 

The help pages, including device support sadly just send you in circles.

SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hey @SlamDank 

How frustrating, especially because it was working so well initially. I'm really sorry to hear that our team weren't  able to resolve it over the phone.

Are you still experiencing the same issues? I would advise following our troubleshooting section on our device support. Please select one of the options under 'What issues are you experiencing?' and this will troubleshoot with you. 

If this still doesn't provide any help or solutions you haven't already tried, then please do let us know.

SarahC

HampshireBaz
Fledgling

I think I am having the same issue as you here in Southampton, no Internet at all when the ZTE 5G hub is configured to use 5G but it works when manually set to 4G, albeit a lot slower.  It stopped working last weekend, It had been rock solid for 3 months.   It is very frustrating especially when being fobbed off by customer services to restart and clean the SIM!

Have you tried setting the hub to use 4G only to see if you then get Internet, I wonder if you get the same result as me?

Biilym
Fledgling

Having similar issues router disconnecting 4/5 times per day makes working from home totally useless and quite frankly customer service is atrocious. Obviously the ZTE hub is not up to the job since Three have ditched it already. Still waiting for us another call back but if it's not a new hub, I'm off. WITH NO CANCELLATION CHARGES!

FWAGuru
Employee
Employee

Yeah and their device support page has not been updated with the new routers which is annoying.

The only thing I can suggest is going through the setup steps and placements steps again. Move it upstairs if you can and find out where the location of the mast is so your router has as close to line of sight as you can get.

The other thing to check is Wifi congestion - Are your neighbours using the same Wifi channels as you are? If so then change the channel.

Three support should be walking you through all of this stuff and logging onto the device themselves so they can see all the signal strengths and any interference, and making suggestion on how to improve the service through placement of the device

Tammy80
Fledgling

Mine is exactly the same. Getting so frustrated, think I'm going to leave three.