cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE 5G ROUTER SETTINGS

treveden
Fledgling

Since receiving my ZTE 5G router I have experienced many problems. The main issue being my Lounge TV wouldn’t run the Netflix app. I rang Three, then Netflix, and finally contacted Samsung, the TV is under warranty. None of the services could offer a resolution. I contacted an engineer who was unable to solve the issue. Following and during the process I searched the internet for possible causes. On finding a Forum post I discovered a possible solution.

In the router settings change the APN setting from 3internet to three.co.uk.

Netflix and all other services are now working!!! 

Now, my question is: have I weakened any security issues by changing the original 3internet setting? When I log in to the router admin via the IP address 192.168.0.1 my windows 11 Edge browser address bar displays NOT SECURE!

Best solution
Best solution
ajwid01
Active

Hi,

I was fine for 9x months with my ZTE router.

About 10x days ago: both Samsung TVs in the house suddenly wouldn't run Netflix. Would "buffer" up to a random number (25% for stuff under my profile [both NEW items and resumable play], 0% for my wife).

Netflix had no idea: but a Samsung engineer solved it.

In the TV settings for DNS: they had me change it from "Automatic" to manual config of 8.8.8.8.

After that - all solved!

Absolutely no idea whose fault this is. 

T.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
ajwid01
Active

Hi,

I was fine for 9x months with my ZTE router.

About 10x days ago: both Samsung TVs in the house suddenly wouldn't run Netflix. Would "buffer" up to a random number (25% for stuff under my profile [both NEW items and resumable play], 0% for my wife).

Netflix had no idea: but a Samsung engineer solved it.

In the TV settings for DNS: they had me change it from "Automatic" to manual config of 8.8.8.8.

After that - all solved!

Absolutely no idea whose fault this is. 

T.

DG1
Fledgling

I have exactly the same issue. Have also spoken to three, Samsung and Netflix and they are not helpful at all. 

I have tried to update the IP settings to enter manually but once I change DNS server  to 8.8.8.8 it doesn’t fix the issue. 

I’ve tried both wired and wireless, and have tried updating all the manual IP settings to 8.8.8.8 as well as just the DNS server. 

Could you share some further details on how you updated it? 

I also don’t know how to update my router settings.

This has been going on for months, help!  

treveden
Fledgling

Hello,

Thank you, a very interesting reply. Today I will take a look again at the Samsung UE50nu7400 DNS settings. I have noticed since changing the router APN, the download speed has reduced. 

Again, thanks for your reply

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there.

The Reply from ajwid01 is spot on, and is the solution I'd recommend for you, treveden. 

Changing the DNS settings on the TV should resolve the issue on the TV without affecting other devices. This allows you to go back to the "3internet" APN which is configured for routers.

Pete.