Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused...but i had 5g honest!

easilylost
Fledgling

Hi, sorry if its an epic story, about 12 months ago, after 3 did area checks I took out a 24 month contract with 3, first 3 months free then £20per month there after for 5g internet. My NR5103E arrived and i spent some time finding it a home, eventually I got 600 - 650 down and 75 - 85 up, great joy and peace on earth I'm a happy bunny. Yes my NR5103E was getting 5g as promised the 5g was blue not only at the top but also in the setting. Not sure when but a couple of months ago my download dropped to 350 - 450 and up dropped to 60 - 70, I was still getting UHD on two TV's while using 2 iPads, so I didn't see an issue. At the end of last week it dropped again to 50 - 110 down, 30 up so i contacted Asia by phone on Sunday. Apparently I've never had 5g????? and the best i could get was 4g but but but i was getting 5g my NR5103E says i was, here have a tenner to compensate! my happy status now gone i went on line chat the persons stock line was why are you contacting us again, all you've ever got is 4G! my situation hasn't changed (said frustratingly) I was getting 600 to 650 download, now I'm not and at the present speed of 60 its not doing what i want it to do. the final upshot is in this case i can cancel the contract??? the farmwear is V1......B15 and says im getting LTE-A and the masts within half to a mile away but although I can physically see the masts they now do not show up as being there on the maps, My area is Darlaston, Willenhall, Bilston, Wednesbury in the west midlands.

All I want in this case is the truth because its out there, over to you guys:

5 REPLIES 5
Jaypls
Fledgling

My 5G has gone today. Willenhall area. Boyh mobile and home broadband.

easilylost
Fledgling

Hi, my 5G is back on? well at least the globe and power bars are blue! i haven't looked at the settings yet. Quick Wi-Fi check says ping 14, up 54 and down 480., I'm happy with this but what I want to know is, does the globe go blue if in getting Lte-a?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @easilylost,

I'm sorry to hear about this reduction in your speeds or coverage. It's exceptionally rare, but not impossible that a mast could have been decommissioned, or its coverage could have reduced due to an external factor. So that's one possible explanation.

I'm just speculating, but this sort of situation could have led staff to think that you were never inside 5G coverage. If you check your postcode in our Network Status Checker, does that page show we're aware of any local issues? Please let me know either way, and I'll check how we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

easilylost
Fledgling

Hi my 5G is back on or does the globe go blue if its Lte-a? if you look at the map were streets are highlighted then im 4G if you look at other maps on three then im 5G. I'm happy with a ping of 14, up 54, down 480 because i very rarely up load files, im just hoping it stays like this

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @easilylost,

That's great news! Yes blue is for Internet connected with 5G on the NR5103e router. Let me know if you do start running into any issues again though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!