cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting Phone on CEIR database

peter45133
Fledgling

My iphone was stolen on 4th June and reported to Three the same day. My insurance company asked for proof of usage for which was provided by Three after I sent the proof of purchase on 23rd June. The POU shows the phone as being blacklisted. The insurer advises that this has not been recorded on the CEIR database and wont pay until this has been done. 

Your chat bot advised to upload the proof of purchase again, but I dont have any confidence in this being actioned as it should have been done the first time. Is there anything else I can do to get the phone registered on the blacklist?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @peter45133,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone was stolen, and that you're now running into these issues with your insurance claim. I'll PM you to get you in touch with some colleagues that can take a closer look and make sure the phone is blacklisted.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @peter45133,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone was stolen, and that you're now running into these issues with your insurance claim. I'll PM you to get you in touch with some colleagues that can take a closer look and make sure the phone is blacklisted.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jazzymac4
Fledgling

I also have the same issue. Three are telling me the phone has been blacklisted. But the insurance company want it onCEIR. I am on the phone to 3 and tearing my hair out. They don’t understand what they need to do. I need help urgently as I am running out of time for the claim. 

nvelugop
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan same issue happened to me but my case is too worse

I lost my mobile phone on 28 June 2023 And I have requested for my proof of barring and proof of usage from customer service I have received only the proof of usage after 2 weeks and the insurance company said they need separate letter for proof of barring and when they checked my mobile is not blacklisted yet so I have requested to three customer service for it they promised me to give it in 48 hours and after 48 hrs no email again requested for it after 4 times of request they said wait for 72 hrs and again no reply after that I message again they said i should wait 10 working days even after 10 working days no letter  I have requested for Letter again on 18th of August and they said to wait for 72 hours but again no proof it's been nearly 2 months but still I'm waiting for my proof of barring this is literally frustrating i don't know what to do and on 22 aug one guy spoke to me from complaint team and when I explained my issue to him he send me one letter to my email but when I sent it to my insurance provider it's the same the device is not blacklisted i don't know why three mobile is not helping it's customers please can u help me what to do atleast i have to block my imei what if someone misuse my iPhone it comes under my name please help me

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nvelugop,

I've answered you on another thread and sent you a PM but just posting here in case you miss the other one. The PM will get you in touch with more help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

leteyeseeit
Fledgling

Help me too please...I am in the same boat...I am getting nowhere speaking to people on the phone or chat

peter45133
Fledgling

Problem resolved, thanks to the UK based team. Why cant all queries like this not be solved the first time around?

Jazzymac4
Fledgling

How did you get it done. I am tearing my hair out. 

peter45133
Fledgling

Hi

Sorry to hear you had the same problem. I share your frustration!

They provided me with a letter confirming the stolen phone was blacklisted which the insurance claim dept accepted. I dont know if they actually changed the database or not, but the letter did the trick

Good Luck 

banjovibes
Fledgling

Hi Peter.

How did you manage to get ths sorted i am going crazy Three doesnt seem to have a clue at all please help.