cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue getting SIM card activated

Paddiewack
Superstar

I’ve just taken out a 2nd contract via the Three website for a mobile broadband dongle which arrived via DPD on Friday. Surprisingly the sim wasn’t active and on calling customer service,I’ve been told it may take 72 hours to activate it.I have no number for it having been told the number would be generated automatically but the call taker had no info about that. It’s not the end of the world but does seem an inordinate length of time to get it sorted. Has anyone else had issues like this?

4 REPLIES 4
Paddiewack
Superstar

4 days later and still awaiting activation! 🤷‍♂️

Paddiewack
Superstar

My mobile broadband is now connected and working well! It’s just a shame it took six days from the day I received it to get it activated. With the level of service us customers get on occasions from customer service the network does itself no favours in inspiring loyalty and making customers feel valued. Still,there you go. 🤷‍♂️

jacobahill
Fledgling

Yikes, six days? I'm experiencing similar with my own new MiFi router, have confirmed the hardware is fine and customer service seemed to think the SIM is active. Annoying if it is indeed the case that it may take a few more days, considering I got all the texts and spiel to say my contract was up and running and my direct debit is now active - I don't have any internet yet!

Paddiewack
Superstar

They said to me that the sim will be activated by the “back office”. Literally turned it on 6 days after receiving it and I had two green lights on the front and was connected . To be completely fair I received it on a Friday and was connected on the following Wednesday so there was a weekend in between. Ensure you reboot the device regularly.