cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined end of Jan 24 nothing but problems with wifi

squ199ly
Fledgling

Hi forum,

I'm using the new 5g ZTE M888.  I'm getting good speeds into the house as checked on my ethernet connected pc - albeit tonight I'm only getting 4G+.  I've done the test to see if my router is in a good place and it says it was in the 'perfect' place for a great signal. So my problem isn't with the strength of the signal arriving at the router.  But my wifi is completely erratic. One day I'm getting over 200 download speeds and other days 10!  I'm sitting less than a meter away from the router and I'm using a samsung a33 5g.  The phone isn't the culprit either because when I switch to data from id (three network) I'm getting 300+.

I thought I'd use the trouble shooter on the three website on my phone but it couldn't connect to the router apparently even though the speednet app was  connecting fine at the same time.  I've tried to order a new sim (though I don't think it has anything to do with the sim, but who knows!) but the webpage kept taking my router phone number then showing me a captcha which after three or four of these the page just sat there.  When I clicked on next I got another bunch of captchas and so on and so on.

I really want to like this setup.  The price is great. The wired speed from the router is enough for my online pc needs.  But the wifi is just rubbish.  I'm still in my 30 day return deal and think I may need to look elsewhere if this can't be reliable sorted - which judging by other posts seems less than likely.

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It doesn't sound like you're having a great experience with it. 

To confirm, have you tested the wired speeds that you're getting during a period where you have confirmed you're having the WiFi slow downs? If so, does it still run fast even when WiFi is slow? 

Pete.