cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone - Three not blocking!

Littlehelper
Fledgling

Unsure what has happened to customer service with three!

As a family we have all been with three for years and now all leaving. 

My daughter's phone was stolen when away. She has proof that the phone IMEI was registered to her through her Google account. She has the receipt of the phone when she purchased it. She has police reports relating to the theft and after 16 plus calls and online chats she is still unable to get the phone blocked!!

Her insurance won't pay out till the phone is blocked. Partner works in IT and is aware that three can see what phone IMEI was using the phone at the time of theft so is able to link her phone to the SIM. 

She has tried asking for usage report as this should show IMEI number linked to SIM and three aren't being helpful!!

I see from this community forum it is a regular occurrence so what is happening? Three just keep saying they will get back to her and they don't. They asked her to email all evidence she has and still nothing. 

Insurance company said it's three that should be blocking the phone so can someone help before raising a big complaint and discussing with ofcom?!!!!

@JonathanB @

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Having these issues must be frustrating I imagine. It sounds like you have what is needed in order to get the phone blacklisted. 

The proof of purchase showing the phone IMEI number is really all the team would need you to send in. They could then blacklist the phone. Did the team ask you to send that in? If so, when? And where did you send it to? 

Pete.