cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG handsets

tarantella
Involved

Hi: I am a Three sim-only customer

Is it possible to still buy a new handset outright from a Three store?

If so, when I say to the member of staff that I am already a Three SIMO customer will they waive the £10 top-up charge?

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Tarantella. 

Yeah, you can still buy phones direct from our stores.

The £10 top up is typically inclusive of the price of the unit. My understanding is that if the recommended retail price of a phone is £100, then the store would also be selling it for that price including the £10 top up. 

I don't think this is something they would be able to wave off in either case though. 

Pete.  

tarantella
Involved

When I had a chat with Three Store Now they said the £10 top-up is not included in the price of the handset, but they said that it would be waived for existing SIMO customers. 

Is that information incorrect?

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @tarantella, sorry for the conflicting info!

The information shared by the Three Store Now team is correct. The £10 top-up would be an additional cost to the price of the handset. So if the phone you're looking to buy is £300, the total cost including the £10 top-up would be £310.

As an existing Pay As You Go customer, your local store team can verify your details. Please pop in to discuss your options with them directly, as they'll be able to help you further with this.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

tarantella
Involved

Hi StephR.

To clarify, I am a Pay-monthly Sim-only customer. 

ThreeStoreNow said that the £10 top-up would be waived because I am an existing Three customer.

Is this correct information or not?