cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling my phone under contract

Tommyliam021
Fledgling

Hi, I was wondering if it’s possible to sell my phone which is still under contract with 3? Obviously I would continue paying the contract but I was wondering if this is an option? Thanks

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

There isn't really anything stopping you from doing that. As you've already mentioned, you plan to continue to pay the bills, and that's all that's really needed for you to complete your agreement. 

Pete. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Who would know? My S21FE needed to be repaired so I bought something else and sold the S21 when it was returned by Samsung and it was still under contract.

Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

There isn't really anything stopping you from doing that. As you've already mentioned, you plan to continue to pay the bills, and that's all that's really needed for you to complete your agreement. 

Pete. 

Tommyliam021
Fledgling

Thank you very much Pete. One more question. My current phone uses an ESIM so I was wondering if I would have to get a QR code from three to transfer the sim to my new device? (both are IPhones) or can I do this without contacting Three? Many thanks

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

You would need to get a new QR code in order to set up the eSIM on the new phone. Once that eSIM is active, the old one will be disconnected. 

Once you have tested the new phone and are happy that the new eSIM is working fully, you can erase the eSIM from the old phone.

Pete.