cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading with 6 months left on my contract.

Tezzerkav93
Fledgling

I currently have an iPhone 13 and have 6 months left on my contract, it says I can upgrade if I want. If I choose to am I then paying 2 contracts? The 6 months left on my iPhone 13 and the new one? 

the message on the dash states as follows:

You can upgrade today - choose a device below to get started.

If you're making monthly device payments, you'll need to keep making those repayments until the outstanding balance is cleared.

be a huge help if someone can get back to me on this please 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

You have to pay for your old phone one way or another. You may be given the option to make a single final payment, I was when I clicked the button out of curiosity and I did not proceed. It states device so you will pay whatever the portion of of your contract relates to the phone. When I clicked they were going to charge the entire outstanding balance, phone and calls. 

You should be able to keep clicking to see what the costs are before clicking okay. Or call 333 ans talk through the numbers, you can always say NO.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Tezzerkav93,

Happy to clear this up and sorry if it caused any confusion. If you have a Three Your Way device loan agreement, then you'd have separate monthly payments for airtime and for the device loan. So what you were reading is in reference to these newer plans where the phone (or other device) is a separate payment from your phone line.

If you've had your plan since before 30 January 2023 then you should have just one monthly payment to Three. On these older plans you'd pay an early upgrade fee and pay off anything owing against the old contract in one go. Depending on the amount you may be able to delay this till your following bill.

Hope this helps, as @sc1999 says you may wish to call 333 and they'll be able to give more specifics about what you'd have to pay for your specific contract. 

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.