cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is a 64gb iPad the most pointless thing ever...

I_am_mr_ryan
Regular

ok there are some people that may be able to get by on 64gb.... but for the majority of users is the base 64gb model even viable, personally my photo collection takes up over 64gb so why would they even bother, it seems a nice way of extracting more money from customers.... thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
sduncb
Regular

Yes. Considering apps are now using more and more storage to accommodate increased image quality and features. Cameras/videos getting better in terms of quality.

plus after the OS is installed and all the default apps, you can lose nearly half the memory before you even switch it on

sc1999
Local celebrity

I had a 128Gb iPad something but it went phut, I think the display died. When looking to replace it I realised that I only used it for watching videos and as a Kindle reader. I waited for Amazon to reduce the price of their 10" fire to £60 and bought one of those. I really hate devices that do not allow extra storage but really Apple a micro SD slot won't affect the style, just reduce the need to buy an expensive widget to allow the connection of an external drive.

thetechhorse
Employee
Employee

I would suggest that nowadays given the size of most modern apps, along with the supporting iOS firmware, 64gb is a little bit on the small size. When I purchased my iPad pro last year I was umming & arring about whether to get 128gb or 256gb, and it ultimately came down to my usability...mainly notes, emails and web browsing with video streaming when travelling. My view on the video streaming (downloads) was that I can only watch one thing at a time so I tend to just delete any downloads once watched. As of today I still have c.70Gb of space left and I've a fair amount of stuff on it.

Jamesmason2623
Fledgling

I’m still using a 16gb so that may trump your 64gb lol I’m surprised they have not made the base range 128gb. I want a mini 6 but 64gb too low and 256gb too much money for what it is… looks like sticking with mini 2 16gb until it goes bang!