Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Go Roam Around the World Extra

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Great news! We’ve added 92 new destinations to Go Roam – with over 160 in total - from beautiful Thailand to vibrant Mexico. 

And with Go Roam Around the World Extra, you can explore while accessing your plan’s data, minutes, and texts with our inclusive daily roaming passes.*

No inclusive passes? No problem. When visiting a Go Roam Around the World Extra destination, you can unlock your plan’s data, minutes, and texts for £7 for 24hrs* or buy a 3, 7, or 14 day Go Roam Around the World Extra Pass before you travel for even better savings. You can check the rates for any roaming destination before you travel on our Roaming Support page. And if it’s time to renew your plan, why not take advantage of our Value and Complete plans which are bundled with up to 56 days of inclusive Roaming passes, as well as other perks such as Paramount+, extended warranty, free screen repairs and more!

We hope that adding more destinations than ever before to Go Roam is a welcome change. Please let us know in your replies what you think of this new expansion to our Go Roam services, and where you’ll be off to this summer? Read more on the Three blog.

*Fair usage policy applies.

Available on all Pay Monthly plans for customers who have joined, or renewed after 1 October 2021 (no other plans, including Pay As You Go or Pay Monthly plans entered into before 1 October 2021, will be impacted by these changes and will continue to be charged at current standard roaming rates)

51 REPLIES 51
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's right, for any plan that was renewed on or after the 1st October 2021.

Unhappy2
Regular

This was all free before Brexit and we were promised roaming charges would not return. Why should any of us believe this now?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Unhappy2,

We appreciate that having free roaming in a more limited list of destinations was popular at the time, but now we're able to support a much greater range of destinations with fair and transparent pricing.

The 92 new destinations were never free, and always had quite high rates per minute, text, and MB. The new Go Roam expansion is making roaming an affordable service in places were it was never feasible before.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Unhappy2
Regular

That does not at all compensate for something that was free and promised to remain free, is now charged for. By all means expand the passport area, that's good, but in Europe, give us back free roaming. I understand there are SIMs that offer this, Labara for example, so why can't Three? It must be that people are prepared to pay for, or are ignorant of the cheaper alternatives.

JD21
Fledgling

I think I will need to purchase a 7-day go Roam ATW Extra pass for travelling to Turkey, do I purchase before I go and is it then activated automatically upon entering the country? Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JD21,

You can either pay the £7 per day, or buy the add on from My3 or the Three App in advance. If you choose the 7 day add on, this will start the first day that you use your allowances from a valid destination. I.e if you call or text home to the UK from Turkey, or use some data there.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Y-ps
Fledgling

What is the status of receiving calls without a passport?  I use local esims from various providers as they are cheaper than Three's roaming charges and are not restricted to 12G.

Can we receive calls without cost?

Thank you 

tarantella
Rising star

As far as I know all incoming calls are free in Go Roam destinations. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's right, receiving a call is free in Go Roam destinations, so this won't trigger the daily charge or use a pass.

Destinations outside the three tiers of Go Roam do have charges for receiving calls though, so it's always a good idea to check the Roaming Support page I linked in the main article.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Unhappy2
Regular

By far the best thing to do outside free roaming areas is turn off your roaming or leave it in aircraft mode. You never know when some marketing spam caller will try to call you from a random call list.