Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Smart watches

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In 2022, keeping time simply isn’t enough. If your watch is smart enough it can do so much more, and many of us now include them in our everyday outfits.  

We'd love to know how your wearable tech helps you live your best life, or what's keeping you from joining the craze.

Is your smart watch an important tool for your health and wellbeing?
Or is it vital in keeping you connected on the go?

What's the next advancement you're hoping to see in the world of wearable tech?

Personally, I don’t love the constant presence of all my notifications as I spend enough time on my phone as it is! But maybe there’s a good way to balance it out. Let me know your tips for making the most of your smart watch and what you love about it. 

76 REPLIES 76
staceyb
Fledgling

Love my watch, keep the notifications to a minimum though!! Mainly use it for tracking steps and sleep etc but best thing I have bought in a long time

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey staceyb,

Welcome to the Three Community! That's awesome to hear, what type of smartwatch do you use?

NewbieHere
Active

I couldn’t do without my Apple Watch, however it does rule my life.

Being obsessive in all that I do, I absolutely have to meet the fitness targets it sets me. I’m just about to meet 1000 days of meeting them all. Might just take a rest when that’s done as 5000 days is a long way away . Incidentally the only reason my phone Sim is on EE is that when I first got the watch they were one of very few phone companies that supported cellular on Apple Watch.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

1000 days, that's so dedicated, Well done! If you decide to update your smartwatch plan onto your Three account, we've got a page explaining smartwatch pairing on Three.

KingDork2022
Fledgling

I have the galaxy 4. I thinks it's great! But I wish I had waited. I have heard that Google are releasing their smart watch. And I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those. I have the pixel 6 and freakin love it. So glad moved from the Samsung team. This phone has loads of great stuff, and I can easily cross platform with nearly everything. And at HALF the price what I was originally paying for a Samsung every upgrade. 

Google phones are the way forward. I just want their smart watch now. (uugghhhh microwave generation here) 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey KingDork2022,

Welcome to the Three Community! I'm also a huge fan of Google devices. I got the Pixel 6 on release after my Pixel 3 was starting to give up. Yeah really excited for the Pixel Watch! 😁

Adampa
Fledgling

I like my smart watch as it tells me the time. It's beneficial as I now know what time it is. Samsung Galaxy watch 4 👍🏻

PipMousse
Fledgling

Mine is important to track my fitness - triathlon and so I use it to monitor heart rate and time. I like keeping tracking of steps too on rest days. Don’t really use many of the other functions on there. Maybe the Pomodoro timer and that’s it!

Rosealinea
Fledgling

I would love to see a more feminine, smaller curvy screen smart/fitness watch. I have small wrists and I have tried numerous fitness / smart watches (Huawei, Honor, Fitbit etc) but they all look too big for me. I'm gutted because I'd love to be able to wear one but no luck so far. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

That's a good point, Rosealinea. Might be time to launch your own range! I'm sure this would be a popular option for lots of people.