cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous
Not applicable

What an absolute joke!  The first I knew of any upgrade and the need to re-register was when I couldn't access the app.
I had my email address updated, but strangely I can now login using both the old email and the new email. . .something that Three appear not to be concerned about and don't want to investigate further.

As with many others on here, I'm not happy.

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @Anonymous 

We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustration,

Investigating this is something we want to do, I have sent you a PM with a link to our direct dedicated team that will look into this to get it resolved.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M

E_m
Fledgling

I hadn't the same issue as reported by everyone else here.  Live chat and calls are down (too many people trying to get help for this one issue?!) I'm in NZ and want to check my bill for my roaming charges but I can't because I can't get into my account 😕 maybe three can do a roll back on the update so we can all get our accounts back

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @E_m,

There was a temporary outage with some of our contact lines yesterday but they should now be available again. Assuming that you're still unable to re-register, I'm sending you a PM to get you in touch with an escalated support team who will do their best to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

layolayo
Fledgling

I have eventually had my account and my daughters reactivated - it took far too much effort on my side. Bringing in the Ombudsman-Services is a little heavy I know, but it did the trick.

MrLunt
Fledgling

After upgrading one of my contracts I was able to give it a new email address, which works if I use the 3 app but I still cannot login to account online 😞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrLunt,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with accessing your accounts. Just to clarify, so the new line can be accessed from the App but not on a browser, or the new line can be accessed but you're having issues with logging in to a different number?

Thanks,
Jonathan

MrLunt
Fledgling

since I was able to assign a new email address when renewing contract the app works great but not on any browser, I struggle to get the hCAPTCHA to show and if it nothing happens after selecting the correct answers

MrLunt_1-1701892813076.png

Asba
Fledgling

Just want to register my sim please 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Asba,

Can you let us know a little bit more about the error or issue that you're experiencing?

Thanks,
Jonathan