cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G No service in my area on housing estate.

Lanturn
Fledgling

I'm currently having to rely on 3G at 1.9Mbps as the local cell tower in the area is not working properly and I had contacted three but yet responses were ignored or got told "We'll forward onto our engineer" and year later still nothing is done about it !!! So, I had contacted ofcom they will monitor the situtation but won't do anything at all due to no regulations on the matter. I'm paying three and not receiving a service, despite their coverage map as their cell tower is literally nearby. On the good day it will say 4G 100% signal no Internet. 

5 REPLIES 5
Avondale
Rising star

>>> I'm paying three and not receiving a service

Sounds like you need to call Trading Standards then. 

Geluk
Key player

Check what it says on 3's Network Coverage page  for your postcode.

Lanturn
Fledgling

I checked the coverage map and says "Yes – Excellent service" within my area and bare in mind I'm near multiple cell towers on housing estate. I have 100% signal on 3G, and when the cell towers decide to beam me 4G it's 100% signal with time out errors and no internet switch back to 3G 100% signal at 1.9Mbps. 

Avondale
Rising star

What are you using as your APN ? If you are using three.co.uk, try 3internet and see if that improves things. 

Lanturn
Fledgling

I have tried both same issue still happens, albeit got home one morning to find the 4G is available with Internet at 30Mbps and still no response from Three as per usual and don't know how long until it goes back to "No service for you until I hear complaints!" which has been the trend with Three for many decades now.