cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Issue

petedew
Fledgling

Hi,

I have recently taken out a contract with Three for my wife and had her existing number ported, however the porting has only been partially completed. She cannot receive calls or SMS. Her mother has health issues so really needs to be contactable. Also cannot receive passcodes from other services that require for security.

I spoke to someone this morning and was advised there was a known issue and should be fixed by 4pm. Come 5pm still and still not working. Called again and advised everything looked ok on the system, but as I am saying there is an issue, they need to open a case and will need 2 working days to resolve.

Right now I’m not particularly confident that anything positive is going to happen or even my issue is understood.

Its really important to have this fixed as soon as possible

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

With great respect to you and your wife I too was told an issue (entirely different but still a technical issue) would be resolved within 48 hours. It took two weeks,many queries by me and a number of “it’ll be done in 48 hours” quotes by customer services. So much so that I’m porting my number OUT of Three. You may be ok but I wish you luck. 🤞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @petedew,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife's number hasn't transferred over as expected. She might find that the SIM from the old network is still picking up her calls and messages, so it's worth testing this in case it helps in the interim till this is sorted out properly.

I'd like to make sure we're doing our best to get this sorted for you as soon as possible, so I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help make sure this is fixed.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here