cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Monopole not showing on coverage map 6 months after installation

Alexg82
Fledgling

Hello all,

Around the end of November 22 a Three 5G monopole was installed in a location nearish to me. Three’s coverage checker is showing there is 5G coverage nearish to the 5G monopole but no 5G coverage in a close proximity to the monopole or no 5G coverage exactly where the monopole is.

So am I right in thinking that the 5G monopole has not been switched on yet and once it is switched on the coverage map will be updated accordingly?
Or could there be a chance the mast is on and broadcasting 5G but the coverage map  is yet to be updated?

I am thinking about joining Three but I do not want to join until the 5G monopole is live due to 4G being very slow in this area.

Not sure if anyone can but if anyone from Three sees this if you are able to see from your end if the mast is live/if it is planned to go live soon it would be much appreciated, it is located on Vale Road Bridge LL18 2BP.

Thanks

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Alexg82,

I did a little more digging on this one for you. We've had some unforeseen delays with getting this particular mast live, but it's still being worked on. It should be up and running within the next two months.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alexg82,

I've had a check at the up to date coverage stats and it does look like there's no 5G broadcasting there as you say. I can't see when we'll have 5G live there, but you can register your interest in 5G so that we can let you know when there's an update.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Alexg82,

I did a little more digging on this one for you. We've had some unforeseen delays with getting this particular mast live, but it's still being worked on. It should be up and running within the next two months.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Alexg82
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB thank you for having a look for me about what’s happening with this mast

And that is great news I hope to enjoy Three’s 5G once the mast goes live

Thanks again for your help 🙂