Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult content filter not disabling after it got auto renabled 1 year after me turning it off

choccy1234
Regular

A year ago I disabled the adult content filter for my Three broadband  but it seems the adult content filter auto renabled itself 1 year after being disabled. 

Therefore, I entered my credit card details like Three asks me to but the content filter does not disable, (yes, I am over 18). After enabling "allow  adult content" switch, the Three website  says "All done. Your settings have been updated. We'll send you a confirmation text with the details."

I never get this confirmation text but that's not the problem because I still cannot access websites blocked by this filter.

In addition, my account creates a new order that is a copy of the broadband package I am currently on every time I try to disable it, or renable it and then disabling  the filter. Only one other post has a similar issue like mine (duplicating orders when trying to disable the adult content filter) but no solution posted. 

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Adult-content-filter-switch-not-working-Using-it-appears-to... 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @choccy1234,

I'll do my best to help. In terms of the "order" sorry for any concern this may be causing. Our system processes service orders, when you update part of your package, including adding or removing services like the filter, so I don't think that this is actually ordering a new line or plan for you there.

Just to check, when the filter settings are updated, the SIM card may need to refresh with the network. Have you tried powering off the router for a minute or two, and rebooting it? In most cases, that should get you synced up again.

If that doesn't sort it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
choccy1234
Regular

Yes, that is one way to get around the filter.

But then again, VPN works as a half solution because it needs a subscription so I need to pay extra

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @choccy1234,

I'll do my best to help. In terms of the "order" sorry for any concern this may be causing. Our system processes service orders, when you update part of your package, including adding or removing services like the filter, so I don't think that this is actually ordering a new line or plan for you there.

Just to check, when the filter settings are updated, the SIM card may need to refresh with the network. Have you tried powering off the router for a minute or two, and rebooting it? In most cases, that should get you synced up again.

If that doesn't sort it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

choccy1234
Regular

Ok, thanks for informing about the duplicate orders I've been getting.

Also, I turned off the router for around 2 minutes and turned it back on and now the adult filter disables like it should. Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Fantastic news! Glad to hear that sorted it.