cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling service with Three mobile for over a year.

JamesQkxyz
Regular

I have had appalling service with Three mobile for over a year.

Automated text messages, such as those containing one-time passcodes (OTPs), for example, from a bank or any kind of online account featuring two-factor authentication, including those from Three themselves, are delayed by several days to a week, and then I recieve a whole load of them at once.

This is extremely stressful when making payments online, because I don’t know if I’m going to be able to authorise the payment due to the OTP text message potentially not arriving.

I am going to leave Three at the end of January if this issue is not resolved by then.

I have spent hours on the phone to Three support, who waste my time getting me to check settings on my phone that are not the cause of the problem.

I note that there are many other Three customers having the exact same problem; some of whom have reported it on this forum, with no report of a successful resolution.

I will now patiently await a response.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

One of the problems here is that people rarely come back and post a solution. 

JamesQkxyz
Regular

Well, if that’s the case then I’ll have to put into action my own solution, which is to move to a different network provider at the end of January.

sc1999
Local celebrity

When my contract is about to expire I get the cheapest sim I can find for other networks and check their coverage in the areas I spend most time.