cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from Sky Mobile - Not receiving OTP's from banks

Leehughes1
Regular

Hello,

My father in law has recently switched from Sky Mobile to Three and owns a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. He has tried to verify a Santander card and tried to receive a text message for Chase Bank UK to set up his app. The verification codes he requests never come through. All other messages come through fine. He has spoken to Chase who have advised they've sent the messages but Three have blocked them. When speaking to Three, they've tried to say it isn't them.

We have tried network settings reset, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, different phones, the lot. It seriously seems like a Three issue as I have previously had a Chase verification code sent to myself with no issue but I'm Sky Mobile. It is extremely frustrating as it is coming up to a week without access to banking apps and the ability to use his phone to make payments (not massively important in the grand scheme of things.) 

Does anyone have experience of this and how they resolved it?

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I used to have this on Three PAYG, to the point of police turning up at my door!  I destroyed the SIM in front of them and moved to Voxi for a few months before moving to Smarty (they are actually owned by Three and use the Three network) 

Leehughes1
Regular

Anyone? Anyone from Three??

JamesQkxyz
Regular

I am in exactly the same situation. It is very stressful not knowing if credit card payment checks via OTP will occur, and sometimes not being able to access bank accounts for days at a time.

Leehughes1
Regular

Still an ongoing issue. Nobody from Three, seem willing to try and sort the issue. It is happening with any requests for an OTP. Thought maybe somebody from the company would be willing to help through this post, but not even a sniff. Shocking service. Hopefully somebody can offer a solution to us both.