• 5G
Best solution
Best solution
Ian_M
Active
21 REPLIES 21
doc1964
Active

Thanks again for your reply. At the moment it is back up and running. Download speed of 274 and upload of 76 mbps so quite happy with that. 

Frustratingly however, the coverage checker for home broadband states my house does not qualify for 5g and only offers me 4g. I was able to get the 5g router from a 3 shop on a month to month contract as the month to month deal on 4g was no longer available in store, only online. Hopefully when mast issues are resolved i can swap over to 2 year 5g deal.

As an aside, my mobile phone contract is with id mobile using 3 network and i get download speeds of over 600 with phone. Think my mesh network and fact i have over 50 smart products connected impacts on home speed as well. 

Cheers.

sc1999
Local celebrity

As of now in the SE18 6AB area of London:

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

Last updated on 08:45 am 06 September 2023.

Ian_M
Active

Same message for 9 months now a house builder as probably built 50 houses in that time 😂

doc1964
Active

That's the same message i have seen continuously, really frustrating.

Ian_M
Active

Personally I don't think Three are working on any masts near me I spoken on webchat a couple of times problem fixed for about 30 minutes then download speed crashes 

sc1999
Local celebrity

3 are not signed up to this, why not?

Automatic compensation: What you need to know - Ofcom

Ian_M
Active

Because if they did they'd probably go bankrupt 🤣

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sc1999,

That's a scheme for fixed line services.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Considering the rapid increase in mobile broadband perhaps mobile needs to be included. Could be a way to improve customer confidence. 

Ian_M
Active

Had a chat with someone from Three who actually told me the truth there's no fixed time to upgrade so he gave me a discount on my bill